If you’re planning a wedding in Mallorca, here are some recommendations I would like you to consider. These are based on my experience as a wedding photographer for 17 years and as a bride myself, but please remember I am only that, a wedding photographer and not a wedding planner in Mallorca.
- My top 1 recommendation is to enjoy the process. I remember getting quite stressed while planning my wedding and then at the end, your wedding day goes so fast! And if you are stressed you will not enjoy your wedding day so much. Do not let the small stuff ruin your day…and it´s all small stuff!!
2. Plan ahead: Start planning your wedding well in advance, especially if you’re getting married during peak wedding season, which is typically from May to September. This will give you more time to research and book the best vendors and venues.
Tip #1: If you get married out of peak season, you will get better prices on everything.
Tip #2: if you want to get married during peak season, it is a a good idea to get married during the week. You will find more available suppliers.
3. Hire a wedding planner: Consider hiring a professional wedding planner who is familiar with the local vendors and venues in Mallorca. A wedding planner can help you with all the logistics, including venue selection, vendor management, and day-of coordination, making your planning experience stress-free.
4. Choose the right Mallorca venue: Mallorca offers a wide range of stunning wedding venues, from beachfront locations to historic castles and luxury hotels. Consider your guest list size, preferred location, and style to select the perfect venue for your wedding.
5. Be mindful of the weather: Mallorca has a mild Mediterranean climate, but it can get hot and humid during the summer months. If you’re planning an outdoor wedding, make sure to choose a shaded location or provide fans and other cooling options for your guests. Also take into account the weather when choosing your wedding dress! I have seen some brides so hot that they were unable to enjoy the day until it was evening time!
6. Incorporate local culture and cuisine: Mallorca is known for its rich cultural heritage and delicious cuisine. Consider incorporating local elements, such as traditional music, decorations, or food, into your wedding celebrations to make your day unique and memorable.
7. Ensure proper documentation: If you’re planning a legal wedding in Mallorca, make sure to research the necessary documentation and legal requirements well in advance to avoid any last-minute surprises. A tip here could be to get legally married in your country and do a blessing ceremony here. Admin procedures here in Spanish are slow and complicated!!
Remember, planning a wedding can be overwhelming, but with proper research and organisation, you can create a beautiful and unforgettable wedding experience in Mallorca. And let me give you another extra tip: Hire a local wedding photographer! We know the best spots, our way around, we can deal with the heat and strong sunlight, know the other suppliers at your wedding and are just as good as anyone you can fly from thousands of kilometers away! 🙂